Star Trek Bridge Commander For Mac Computers
This could be the game that I have logged the third most amount of hours on in my collection. It was in my opinion one of the most fun starship simulators because you could easily deligate tasks to your team. You were the captain- you have the conn.
And in a twitter poll, it looks like alot of people also enjoyed the game too and wanted me to play it!
Which game should I play next? #StarTrek— Star Trek Games (@Star_Trek_Games) September 16, 2017
Bridge Commander Playstyle
The playstyle for this game is much different than the first two games I played through - Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy. You play as the captain and your place is the center chair of the bridge. You have five senior officers that do their job, or you could step in and do their job for them. One of the nice things about this game is your crew actually does their jobs without you having to activate them. For example in Starfleet Academy or Klinogn academy, in order to switch to red alert and fire on a target or move around, you had to use the button keys to navigate to a firing position and let the torpeados fly. In this game, you can click on your tactical officer and tell him to engage your taget to disable while you work with your chief engineer to prioritize repairs or work on power management. The nice thing is that your helm officer will coordinate with the tactical officer to get him into a position that he can effectivly fire.
How To Install Star Trek Bridge Commander on MacOS
At the time of this writing, MacOS High Sierra just came out earlier this week. Being an early adopter, I downloaded it immediately. I'm happy to say that the game will run on this new OS! Though most of the changes to this OS were "under the hood" especially with the new METAL 2 system, I can see this game run beautifully. The installation process is very simple and doesn't require much change.
- Install CrossOver 17 (the 15.3.1 version ahs issues with High Sierra - you might have to wait a bit for this version to get out of beta)
- Load the CD or mount the disk image
- When the installation screen appears, type in "Star Trek Bridge Commander" into the dialogue box asking what application you wish to install.
- Follow the installation instructions until you get to the part where it asked to install into a "New Windows XP bottle".
- When ready hit install.
- The regular installation screen will appear. Click the "Install" option
- After the game installs correctly you should get a screen that confirms this.
- Play the game!